Back to the Arcade is a personal blog, written and maintained by Joseph Ferris. The purpose of this blog is to document the process of building retro arcade cabinets which rely on emulation for personal entertainment purposes.
Who is this blog for?
If you are interested in building an emulated arcade system, this site may be for you. It covers topics related to the physical construction and configuration of emulated arcade systems, in both factual and editorialized posts. All phases of construction will be covered, including:
- Designing for a seamless experience
- Selection and procurement of hardware and accessories
- Installation and configuration of software
- Scripting and development for both Raspberry Pi and Windows systems
- Safely interfacing with electronics devices
- Iteratively designing physical arcade cabinets
- Woodworking related to the construction of arcade cabinets
This blog will not discuss the procurement of illegal software or ROMs. Please do not ask, as direct inquiries will be ignored and comments on the blog will be deleted.